2017 Youth Symposium
A unique and exciting program for up to 3,200 Grade 8 students in Waterloo Region, Guelph and Wellington County.
Through inspirational and well-informed speakers, who can engage an audience of students and serve as good role models, the Symposium provided a strong positive influence on youth. Click here to view the list of presenters and a brief description of their topic.
The dates for 2017 were:
- Tuesday April 11 for Guelph & Wellington Students, Galaxy Cinemas, 485 Woodlawn Road, Guelph; 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday April 12 for Waterloo Region Students at Landmark Cinemas, Kitchener; 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
Goal of the Youth Symposium
- Better equip students with ideas, tools, motivation and confidence to cope effectively with their daily challenges;
- Educate students so they make better choices in their life, and
- Help students to grow to become better citizens in our community.
- Contribute to a reduced level of crime and victimization;
Key Messages for the Day Included:
- You can be change!
- It only takes ONE to make a difference!
- Step outside your comfort zone and try new things!
- Be an ‘energy giver’, not an ‘energy taker’!
- If something doesn’t go your way, keep moving in a positive direction!
- Find the HERO inside!