2018 Youth Symposium
What an incredible two days of education, inspiration and empowerment for 3,148 Grade 8 students and their teachers within Guelph, Wellington County and Waterloo Region! Â As one teachers summed up the Youth Symposiumâ€¦
â€œThese opportunities are the difference makers for kids.Â It canâ€™t be found in a textbook.Â Thank you!â€
The Youth Symposium program brings together 14 powerful presentations from some of best speakers in the country, covering a wide range of topics that have a long-lasting, positive impact on the students. Now in its 15th year, we have welcomed more than 33,000 youth to the unique Youth Symposium program.
As Stu Saunders, one of our guest speakers, said: â€œYou will not find this calibre of program anywhere in Canada for this age group.â€
Students and teachers had the opportunity to listen and engage in three presentations throughout the day. Click here to see the 2018 Program Brochure.
Goal of the Youth Symposium
- Better equip students with ideas, tools, motivation and confidence to cope effectively with their daily challenges
- Educate students so they make better choices in their life
- Help students to grow to become better citizens – both in their community and globally
- Build on themes that support the work and messaging taking place by teachers in their classrooms
Key Messages Include:
- You can be change!
- It only takes ONE to make a difference!
- Step outside your comfort zone and try new things!
- Be an ‘energy giver’, not an ‘energy taker’!
- If something doesn’t go your way, keep moving in a positive direction!
- Find the HERO inside!
Thank you to our current sponsors for supporting the 2018 Youth Symposium