2019 Youth Symposium
Mark the dates in your calendar for the 2019 Youth Symposium for Grade 8 students and their teachers, throughout Guelph, Wellington County and Waterloo Region.
We are also excited to announce that we are expanding the Youth Symposium for Waterloo Region students, held in Kitchener and offering this valuable program over two days.
The dates are:
- Tuesday April 16, 2019 at Galaxy Cinemas, 485 Woodlawn Road, Guelph. We are looking forward to greeting 1,500 Grade 8 students and their teachers in Guelph and Wellington County.
- This year for the FIRST time ever we are adding a third day! Wednesday April 17, 2019 and Thursday April 17, 2019 and this year we will be able to accommodate at least 3,000 Grade 8 students and their teachers in Waterloo Region.
The registration fee is $10 per student. Schools are responsible for arranging and paying for their own bus transportation.
It promises to be an inspirational day for all! More information on the registration process and program information to follow on January 30th.
We hope to see you at the 2019 Youth Symposium!
About the Youth Symposium
The Youth Symposium program brings together 14 powerful presentations from some of the best speakers in the country, covering a wide range of topics that have a long-lasting, positive impact on the students. We have welcomed more than 33,000 youth to the unique Youth Symposium program.
As Stu Saunders, one of our guest speakers, said: “You will not find this calibre of program anywhere in Canada for this age group.”
Students and teachers had the opportunity to listen and engage in three presentations throughout the day. Click here to see the 2018 Program Brochure.
Goal of the Youth Symposium
- Better equip students with ideas, tools, motivation and confidence to cope effectively with their daily challenges
- Educate students so they make better choices in their life
- Help students to grow to become better citizens – both in their community and globally
- Build on themes that support the work and messaging taking place by teachers in their classrooms
Key Messages Include:
- You can be change!
- It only takes ONE to make a difference!
- Step outside your comfort zone and try new things!
- Be an ‘energy giver’, not an ‘energy taker’!
- If something doesn’t go your way, keep moving in a positive direction!
- Find the HERO inside!
To sponsor the 2019 Youth Symposium, please contact Linda Mark for more information at (519) 744-0904 ext. 215 or email@example.com.